Abbey Polythene provide a wide range of polythene bags and sacks to the waste management industry. We work closely with local government, waste management contractors, health care providers, animal health care providers and clinical waste professionals, we understand the importance of waste segregation and complexities.
This is why a fully bespoke solution tailored to your requirements is so important. Our printing service is the perfect solution for all types of waste management.
Different types of waste can be identified by using a coloured bag, sometimes with print to identify the contents and/or the name of the company responsible for collecting the waste. Clear or tint coloured bags and sacks can be used so that the contents are visible and opaque bags are suitable for confidential materials.
It’s common within the Waste Management sector to have coloured bags to identify different types of waste.
• Yellow bags: used for waste containing infectious material or contaminated with chemicals from human/animal healthcare such as masks, aprons, wipes, dressings, plasters, bandages, gloves, empty saline or glucose IV bags and tubing. These high quality clinical waste bags have been specifically designed and manufactured to comply with the UN3291 standard and conform to European legislation which clearly outlines the regulations regarding the collection of clinical waste, transporting clinical waste and the disposal of clinical waste in the appropriate way.
• Orange bags: used for waste containing infectious material from human/animal healthcare NOT containing or contaminated with chemicals/medicines from the treatment of infectious patients, such as masks, aprons, wipes, dressings, plasters, bandages, incontinence waste, used gloves, empty saline or glucose IV bags and tubing.
• Yellow bags with black stripe ‘Tiger Bags’: used for the disposal of medical items or tools that do not carry any risk of infection from human/animal healthcare, where collection and disposal is not subject to special requirements such as exterior dressings, plaster casts, gowns or hats, sanitary waste and soiled nappies. Human/animal healthcare providers can use Tiger Stripe Bags for autoclaved laboratory waste, plus masks and gloves which have not been used in a surgical setting.
• Blue bags: often used for the disposal of food.
• Green bags: used for the disposal of landscaping/garden waste.
• Red bags: used for the safe disposal of Asbestos. Often referred to as Asbestos Warning Sacks (Asbestos Bags).
• Black Rubble: used for the disposal of building waste.
• Black Trade Waste: used for the disposal of trade waste. Abbey Polythene can provide trade waste sacks in a variety of sizes and thicknesses depending on the use. Most trade waste has to be segregated, with as much as possible being recycled.
• Recycling bags: used for the disposal of recyclable materials.
• Confidential polythene waste bags: used for the disposal of shredded waste and disposal of sensitive materials. Our confidential waste bags are clearly labelled and marked for ease of identification.